ATIGS JUSTIFICATION TOOLKIT
You recognize the value of attending ATIGS 2018, but how do you communicate that to the person responsible for approving your professional development requests? We know it can be difficult to get approval to attend events and conferences, which is why we’re here to support your attendance at ATIGS 2018 by proving its value to your organization and profession.
ATIGS 2018 agenda items will include a series of keynotes, exhibition, dedicated networking sessions, country & sector focus roundtables, sightseeing tours, investors’ zone, ministerial roundtable, trade experts zone, red carpet treatment, and others.
Whether your goal is to cultivate relationships or spotlight your brand on the industry’s grandest stage, stake your presence where the industry’s present and future torchbearers will come together—at ATIGS 2018.
The toolkit below contains all the information to assist you in sharing the value of ATIGS 2018 with your supervisor.
Write a Letter to Management:
Write and submit a proposal to your boss, clearly outline the connection between the needs of your organization or department with the benefits of attending ATIGS 2018 and how your ATIGS attendance will fulfil these needs. Remember also to focus on the specific skills and knowledge experiences you can immediately bring back to the organization. We have created a justification letter (.docx) that you can personalize and send to your supervisor.
Before ATIGS 2018:
- Book your hotel room early to take advantage of the discounted rate at the official Omni Shoreham Hotel.
- Use the ATIGS 2018 mobile app to maximize your time on the exhibit floor and at the event.
- Make a checklist of the technical sessions that you want to attend.
At ATIGS 2018:
- Visit the Info Desk to pick-up your voucher proceedings (for full registration delegates). This voucher includes a download link to all the technical presentation being presented at ATIGS 2018.
- Bring a print-out of your “Expo Plan” or view it on the ATIGS 2018 mobile app.
- Pick-up a copy of the on-site programme to easily find your way around the conference venue.
- Attend the special events on the exhibit floor to network with colleagues and exhibitors.
- Network with peers & colleagues.
- Collect business cards and follow up with them within a week of returning to the office.
- Attend as many sessions as possible.
After ATIGS 2018:
- Schedule some time to review the notes and materials collected and evaluate solutions while ideas are still fresh in your mind. Offer to provide a recap of what you learn to your manager and co-workers.
- Actively follow-up with exhibitors and other professionals that you met.
- Prepare and share a conference report with your team once you return. This report should train your colleagues on best practices, tips, trends, and processes you learned at the conference. Examples of information you might include in the report are: Executive summary of key themes, concerns, ideas, and best practices, Keynote session highlights, Specific session take-aways
- Information about products and services you discovered on the expo floor
Once your manager sees all the new business contacts you made, how much you learned and how it can be applied in your company, they will be more likely to send you again to attend the next edition. They may even join you at ATIGS 2020!
Calculate your ATIGS 2018 Return on Investment!
- By attending ATIGS 2018, your company can avoid some of the costs of consultants or various educational sources, including time-consuming and costly classes. You can gain the knowledge you need in less time and at a lower cost.
- Although you might understand the benefits of the conference that interests you, your manager may not. Therefore, you need to clearly articulate the connection between your organization’s knowledge requirements and the conference programme.
Justification toolkit includes customize letter to your boss, expenses and benefits sheets,
Justification Letter for Your Manager
…we’ll see you in Washington, DC!